I had some mushrooms that were on their way south and went looking for a recipe that would use them all up. This honey and balsamic glazed mushroom recipe did the trick, which I developed after perusing some recipes on-line. They'd make a nice appetizer or a side dish with beef. I made a meal out of them with a grilled cheese, onion, and spinach sandwich. Ate the whole bowl myself! I will say that they're not very pretty, but they are very good in a sweet-n-salty way. If you use them as an appetizer, I'd keep all of them whole and serve with toothpicks.
Honey and Balsamic Glazed Mushrooms
- 1 12-oz package of fresh button or cremini mushrooms.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary (plus a bit more for garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme (plus a bit more for garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt